This smoothie is a delicious a super healthy way to get a bunch of nutrients vital in pregnancy, as well as some added goodies that are particularly awesome for a shorter labor and healthier baby. This smoothie is particularly beneficial in the third trimester. Here’s why it works:
- Papaya: loaded with folate, fiber, potassium and vitamin C. Awesome for relieving heartburn and keeping you regular!
- Spinach: a great source of folate and magnesium
- Dates: shorten labor by half!
- Almond butter: healthy fat, protein, and magnesium (which helps soothe aches and keep you limber)
- Cayenne pepper: warming and helps to naturally induce labor
Perfect Pregnancy Smoothie
1/2 ripe papaya, fresh or frozen
1 cup organic spinach
1 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 large pinch of cayenne pepper
1 cup almond milk
Blend and enjoy!