I get that going totally plant-based isn’t for everyone. I myself eat seafood a couple of times a week, and have no intention of cutting it from my eating. But regardless of where you are on the omnivore-herbavore spectrum, taking at least one day out of the week to go totally meatless has some major health benefits, and is definitely worth making a regular healthy habit.
Rocking a Meatless Monday just once a week will:
- Lower your cancer risk
- Reduce your risk of heart disease
- Help you lose weight
- Reduce risk of diabetes
- Increase lifespan
- Improve your nutrition
- Reduce your carbon footprint
Pretty powerful stuff for just one day of healthy plant-based eating, right??
Here are some great recipes to get you started:
- A green smoothie — here’s my favorite, and here are tons more
- A breakfast porridge — here are my gluten-free faves!
- Chia seed pudding
- Vegan pancakes
- Ezekiel toast with almond butter, sliced avocado, or hummus
- A macro bowl
- Slow-cooker veggie stews
- Soba noodles with tempeh
- Green curry stir-fry
- Quinoa pasta with roasted tomatoes and kale pesto
- A Chipotle black bean burrito bowl with guacamole
- Quick white bean and kale soup
- Creamy tomato basil soup
- Split pea fennel and spinach soup
- Detoxifying spring salad
- Immune boosting salad
Enjoy your Meatless Monday!!