Maybe it’s a remnant from my late pregnancy nesting days, but lately, all I have my eye on are awesome design-y gifts for the home. These great gifts are easy to obtain last minute, and will delight pretty much anyone on your list, design lover or not. And best of all, you can feel good about gifting these sustainable, green goodies that are good for the environment and the ones you love!
- Recycled Cardboard Reindeer Head ($75): Not only is this sweet design element sustainably made from recycled cardboard, it’s also an awesome seasonal decorative item to add some whimsical holiday cheer to any decor. Double duty? Check.
- Pia Wallen Organic Cotton Reversible Throw ($258): This cozy, lux throw boasts a modern black and white design that would look awesome in any decor, and the organic cotton means no toxins in the thread and a much more eco-friendly manufacturing process.
- Amanda McAulay Sustainable Wood Baguette Boards ($115): These beauties make for an awesome gift for anyone who loves to entertain… a bread board is waaaaay classier than a bread basket, yo! And these puppies are hand-crafted in Los Angeles from sustainably sourced American hardwood and food-grade mineral oils and waxes. You can also use them as cheese boards or to serve up any goodies!
- Kobo Soy-Based Candles ($38): These lovely candles are made from domestically grown sustainable soybeans, which make for the cleanest and safest burning candle. “Happy and Merry” is a super yummy seasonal scent that fills the room with the fragrance of fresh red berries, passionfruit and herbs to get everyone in the holiday spirit.
- Eco Living Wall ($80): Living walls are all the rage in NYC and LA, all the coolest restaurants have them, and now you can bring some of that sweet design aesthetic home. This living wall frame is made from recycled plastic and is ready for soil and your favorite herbs or succulents. Bringing nature indoors also helps to clean and filter your indoor air, so this beauty does double duty!
- Coyuchi Alpaca Pebble Knit Throw Pillows ($248): Undyed peruvian alpaca makes for a super cozy and luxurious knit pillow in neutral hues that coordinate with any decor. These alpacas graze high in the Andes mountains and are sheared just once a year during the warm to produce the most soft and lovely fibers. The shell is organic cotton with a sustainable feather and down insert. Happy alpaca equals healthy pretty pillows. Win-win.
- Bamboo Recycled Gift Wrap and Boxes ($12): Nothing makes a better last minute holiday hostess gift than adorable, eco-friendly gift wrap! Everyone is always running out, and any enviro-conscious hostess would be so appreciative that you thought help her check one thing off her list. Bambeco makes reversible, 100% recycled gift wrap in tons of super cool soy-based ink prints that satisfy the aesthete’s need non-cheesy gifting, while cutting down on the environmental footprint of your (and your giftee’s) gift-giving this season.
- Havenly Online Interior Design ($79-$199): The ultimate gift for any design lover is some custom online interior design. Your loved one can pick a room and get either a little refresh (think new pillows, art, accessories) or a full-on redesign (top to bottom, all furniture, accessories and design elements) that are custom selected based on their style and preferences. We LOVED collaborating with Havenly on our eco-friendly, green nursery (check it out here). Your gift of design will either arrive online or in a beautiful gift box.