By: Natasha Uspensky
The first thing everyone asks me about when transitioning into a plant-based diet is, “Where will I get my protein?” Great news, people! There a tons of delicious vegetarian protein sources that are naturally lower in saturated, unhealthy fats and cholesterol (not to mention toxins, antibiotics, hormones, and other additives) than their plant-based counterparts. A well-rounded plant-based diet with plenty of delicious vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds is naturally high in protein. Getting your protein from plant-based sources decreases your risk of cancer and heart disease, increases life expectancy, helps you maintain a healthy weight, and a million other benefits! Check out these amazing sources of vegan protein in the chart below!
Other great vegetarian sources of protein are:
- Organic eggs
- Organic greek yogurt
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
- Whole grain bread
What are you favorite vegetarian protein sources? Share in the comments below!
- vegetarians may live longer than meat-eaters! (thefitchronicles.com)
- Yoga Mama Series – My Plant-Based Pregnancy (yogalina.net)
- Could That Steak Be Killing You? Vegetarian Diets Proven To Increase Life Expectancy (medicaldaily.com)
- Want to Live Longer? Eat a Plant-Based Diet (livescience.com)
- Vegetarians & Protein (fit4liferbm.com)
- Study: Vegetarians Live Longer (secretsofthefed.com)