I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: traveling is no excuse to get off your heathy routine, overindulge, and throw your body off track. If you feel like you need a detox after you return, you know something is up!
We got back from our baby moon in Mexico the other day, and I knew I had to share some of the goodies that helped make the trip super awesome (and a whole lot healthier) — as well as a few that I totally spaced on (and paid the price!). From looking radiant and gorgeous, to staying healthy and balanced, these spring break essentials will change the way you travel.
1. FEED Guatemala Bag ($40): I love FEED bags for their natural look and sustainable materials, but the coolest thing about these totes is that by purchasing one, you can provide one child with micronutrients for one year! How’s that for style with purpose?
2. MIU Color Glass Water Bottle ($12.99): Staying hydrated while traveling, and especially while at the beach is key to preventing sun stroke, feeling energized, and even helping to maintain that healthy glow. A glass water bottle in your beach bag ensures that no matter where you are, you can keep that water flowing.
3. Goddess Garden Sunny Body Natural Sunscreen ($15.39): I am obsessed with this natural sunscreen — it stays on for hours, provides the best protection from burning I’ve ever experienced (and I burn easily), and is organic. Pretty much perfect.
4. All Good Elemental Herbs SPF Lip Balm ($7.47): Lips burn just as easily as the rest of our face and body, but they’re often overlooked when we’re applying sunscreen! This organic balm provides all the sun protection you need, and the coconut flavor puts you in instant beach mode!
5. Supplements: Bringing a few key supplements with you on your trip ensures that your body stays balanced, no matter what the local cuisine throws at you. My must-haves are spirulina (who knows if there will be anything green to eat??), a good probiotic (to keep things moving and keep your stomach happy), and a whole-foods multivitamin (to fill in the blanks when eating off your normal healthy routine)
6. Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Stevia Packets ($4.69): This is an absolute must for travel. No matter where you are, you can enjoy your favorite tea and coffee without resorting to using refined sugar or the chemical alternatives. I always have a few packets in my purse, and when I travel, I throw about 20 packets into a ziplock along with my favorite organic teas.
7. RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek ($36.00): This versatile, organic lip and cheek hue is perfect for travel. My favorite hue is the universally flattering “Smile,” which imparts a beautiful, peachy glow to your cheeks and pout. A couple swipes and you’re ready to transition from beach to drinks to a night on the town!
8. Lumene Organic Blueberry Curl Waterproof Mascara ($9.99): A good waterproof mascara is key for any beach trip. This one curls beautifully, stays put, and doesn’t melt into those dreaded raccoon eyes after a dip in the ocean. Plus it’s organic and loaded great ingredients that nourish your lovely lashes!