By: Natasha Uspensky, CHHC
Living a fabulous life is amazing, and of course, something we’re all striving towards (or should be!), but with all the emphasis on going out, doing, and taking over the world, we sometimes forget the therapeutic effect of a good night in.
Now I don’t mean the kind of sad, pathetic night in where you’re wishing you were somewhere else and bury yourself in reality TV and a pint of ice cream.
I’m talking about the luxurious, pampering, thought-out, fabulous kind of night in that leaves you feeling like there is no where you’d rather be! Lower your stress levels, feel more in-control of your life, calm your sweet little soul, and get some much needed self-love. Here’s what you’ll need:
(Clockwise from top left)
1. Delicious, organic popcorn like Hudson Valley’s Bjorn Qorn, or better yet, make your own (see below)!
2. A favorite, classic movie or book (you can’t go wrong with Clueless or The Secret Garden!)
3. An amazing, detoxifying face mask, like Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay ($8)
4. A cup of delicious, calming tea, like Yogi Kava Stress Relief tea in Honey Lavender ($3.46)
5. Comfy and luxurious loungewear (no dumpy sweats here!), like these Bamboo Dreams Sugar Pie Pajamas ($99)
Cheesy-Spicy Vegan Popcorn
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic popcorn kernels
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
Heat olive oil in small pot over medium-high heat. Add kernels and cover. When kernels begin to pop, shake pot every few seconds, keeping lid closed. When pops come a few seconds apart, remove pot from heat and keep covered for a minute to make sure all kernels have popped. Toss with nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, and salt. Add a drizzle of olive oil, if you’d like!